The fifth generation of the moto trail more famous of the world will maintain its philosophy boxer, but with a completely new 125 hp water-cooled engine, electronic throttle, radial calipers and interesting dynamic options to complete.
The main features of the new 2013 BMW R 1200 GS are:
• Completely new engine: 1170 cc, 125 hp at 7,700 rpm and 125 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm. Liquid cooling, new crankshaft more compact and lightweight, six-speed clutch gearbox in oil bath and debounce function.
• Electronic throttle.
• Options available on request: 5 driving modes (Rain, Road, Dynamic, Enduro and Enduro Pro) which cooperate with ASC stability control, ABS, ASC and ESA electronic suspension. Also be mounted Cruise Control and Navigator IV GPS with Multi-Controller command (seen in the R1200RT).
• New dual beam chassis of steel tubes in large torsional stiffness, with different geometries.
• Cardan lightened and elongated, mounted on the left hand side.
• tires 120/70 R19 and 170/60 R17 specially designed for the R 1200 GS.
• Brembo monobloc front brake calipers and ABS as standard.
• LED Headlamp.
• Increased ground clearance (+8 mm).
• New instrument panel with trip computer as standard. PRO Board Computer as optional equipment.
• Four colors available: white, red, blue and gray.