2014 BMW K 1600 GTL Exclusive: as in a car
The German company has just introduced a second “Deluxe” version of its great tourism, even more equipped and with comfort, comparable to its 6 Gran Coupe Series of four wheels.
The flagship of the division of BMW touring bike unfolds in a Exclusive version that, as its name implies, is aimed at users more sybarites of the mark. Share chassis, engine and design with the GTL standard, but the equipment is far superior to this one. What is most striking is its new Keyless Ride system with central locking and Hill Start Control. The first refers to the new proximity key that activates/blocks all the locks on the bike, whereas the second one facilitates the starting costs above (with the started engine, the system generates hydraulic pressure in the rear brake circuit, so that the bike remains stopped on a slope).
Strengths of the BMW K 1600 GTL Exclusive:
- 160 hp engine at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5,250 rpm. More than 70% of maximum torque available from 1,500 laps.
- Three driving modes: Road, Rain and Dynamic.
- BMW Motorrad Integral ABS System (integral part).
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) for maximum safety when accelerating.
- Duolever Suspension/Paralever with electronic control system ESA II (Electronic Suspension Adjustment II).
- RDC tire pressure control system.
- Instrumentation enhanced with new scales, functions and high quality chrome finish.
- Larger seat, armrest and backrest with heating for the passenger.
- Inner bags for embroidered bags and topcase.
- Keyless Ride and central locking for maximum comfort and safety.
- Hill Start Control in order to mark the bike easily costs up.
- The antenna is laminated for radio integrated into the lid of the topcase.
- Addressable xenon light for safety when driving at night.
- Daylight LED.
- Additional Faro LED.
- Floor lighting.
- Audio system with pre-installed for navigator, controllable interface for iPod and MP3, USB port, Bluetooth and satellite radio (only USA and Canada).
- Painting in metallic white of four layers.
- 780 mm high seat.
- Especially 800 mm high seat.
- Bag protector.
- Additional compartment for topcase.
- High screen.
- Akrapovic Exhaust.
- The BMW Motorrad Navigator V.
- Adapter cable for iPod.
- Triple socket.