2014 Suzuki RM-Z250 and RM-Z450: The only missing
Suzuki is the latest firm to show their 2014 versions of motocross. The RM-Z250 and RM-Z450 incorporates, among other things, a new ECM power program to improve the output based on that used the bikes of competition.
A Japanese firm will have advanced all the leading brands when it comes to presenting their 2014 ranges, but there is still time, in the off road scene is set it always before summer.
This information comes from the United States, there Suzuki is one of the top rated Japanese firms to motocross which refers, in fact two of the best bikers have raced with them: James Stewart and Ricky Carmichael. The main improvement in this 2014 edition is a ignition rescheduled ECM which improves the output, which also announced in their Kawasaki KX-F.
Suzuki was the first brand to introduce its electronic injection engines in motocross in 2007 to turn the RM-Z was the first bike “shot” to win an AMA SX. But let’s get more in detail.
Changes in the Suzuki RM-Z450
- Redesign of the internal silencer parts, which makes improving performance in low and middle. The silencer itself uses normal screws instead of rivets for easy to change the inner fiber.
- Two couplers have been incorporated to configure the fast entry of fuel depending on conditions of use. The pilot can adjust up (The same has been used in 250 version).
- In the 449 cc engine injection, DOHC, 4-valve components have been revised as the crankshaft, piston, valves, intake cam, transmission, stator and oil filter.
- New fork system inverted Showa SFF (Separate Function front Fork). In one of the bars are springs and the other hydraulic cartridge, thus reducing friction, improves the absorption jumps and reduces some weight.
Changes in the Suzuki RM-Z250
- New program on ECM with more processing to improve performance in the output.
- The crankcase reed has been redesigned to improve the lubrication. The new oil filter has a powerful magnet which traps impurities engine oil. These changes help improve throttle response and power delivery get not so sharp.
- The cooling of the engine is benefited by a redesigned radiator flap and a new hose that make the engine work in temperature even in the most extreme conditions. It has a built in bypass radiator hose to facilitate routine maintenance.
- The transmission has been revised, more robust and effective. It has installed a new anchoring system Wheel to change quickly and easily.